Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sistine Chapel

It is a must see. Photos were not allowed, but I am sure you can find photos of it on the internet if you would like. I stood there for 20 minutes looking upward at the ceiling, contemplating what I knew, and then it dawned on me....It must of been a miserable project for Michelangelo. This project took him 4 years. Do me a favor and look straight at your ceiling for 4 minutes. Tell me how your neck feels. Could you do that every fucking day for FOUR years? On top of your neck hurting, add in the fact (and its documented) that on a daily basis you will have plaster fall from the ceiling into your eyes. I thank Michelangelo for his hardships, for he truly did create an amazing piece of art. As you look up at it, just start on one end and move to the other. My favorite panel was the panel where Noah got drunk and was caught by his sons. It injected some comedy into an otherwise religious scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment