Monday, August 8, 2011

Odd things

As I am sure Europeans think there are many odd things about America, I have found there to be many odd things in Europe. Here is a list of some of them.

  • Mayonaise on everything!!
  • Condiments are not free! If you need ketchup for your fries, you are paying
  • It is cheaper to drink beer than water when traveling through Germany
  • Paying to take a piss - Major train stations and even some restaurants make you pay anywhere from 5 cents to 1 euro for the privilege of relieving yourself.
  • Public transportation in Europe is a million times better than most of Florida.
  • Europeans are always walking fast. Its like they are forever in a rush
  • In Germany you can drink soft alcohol (beer and wine) at age 16, and are not allowed a driver's license til you are 18.
  • For the most part, processed food is not readily available.
  • We might have Dunkin Donuts, but there are bakeries everywhere, and though I usually have no clue what exactly I am pointing at, the pastries are pretty damn awesome.
  • Beer - Yes we have microbrews, but most of Europe seems to have regional beers, and they are not crazy experiments with all kinds of fruits. They are good, full bodied beers.
  •  Spandex/tights seem to be all the rage for women. I am not sure if I understand it, but it is what it is.

That is just a short list of some things that came to mind. As I travel over the next two weeks I am sure I will have more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment