Monday, August 8, 2011

School is ending, yet the fun continues

Tomorrow I take my final exams, enjoy a "good bye banquet," and will be getting on an overnight train to Rome. I will try to update more often as I travel. I wanted to give you all an idea of what I will be experiencing. 

  •  Aug 10th to 13th - Rome
  • Aug 13th to 15 - Cinque Terre
  • Aug 15th to 18th - Florence with day trips to Siena to watch the Palio
  • Aug 18th - over night train to Berlin
  • Aug 19th - spend the day in Berlin
  • Aug 19th (evening) to Aug 21st - Amsterdam
  • Aug 21st - Overnight train to Kempten
  • Depart Germany on Aug 23rd.


I am sure everyone here has heard of Rome, and knows the treasures it has, so that does not need to be discussed. If you have never heard of Cinque Terre, please go to google.com and search that term. After your search is complete, click on images. It is absolutely beautiful. I plan on enjoying some wine, pasta, and the Mediterranean sea. Florence and Siena are both famous in their own right, but I truly am looking forward to visiting Siena. Instead of trying to explain why, I will simply post a link below for you to read about it. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palio_di_Siena

I think it will be amazing to witness an event that has, in some form been going on since the 14th Century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment